Saturday, June 21, 2014

Marking Time

Today is the first day of summer. It is also the 171st day of the year, which means it has been 172 days since we arrived in the PICU with our son. There have been 170 days since his last blood transfusion, 169 since he came off of the ventilator. God is so faithful! There have been no lasting effects from his illness whatsoever. Today he and I participated in a fundraiser for the Children's Hospital that took care of him. We ran into two of his nurses (not literally), which was fun for us. The fundraiser was a 5K/10K run, and believe me, I am no athlete. I was with the stroller moms in the back of the pack, which was fine with me! As we were getting ready to start, my son looked at me and said "I'm going to try to post a good time." I responded "Bye!" Well, post a good time he did! He finished in just under 35 minutes, 10th in his age group!
"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think…to Him be the glory" Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments: