Monday, January 27, 2014

Quilting Runs in the Family

Last year I began the journey of learning to quilt. One of the questions that comes up a lot is "Why do you want to do that? Well, the short story is, quilting runs in my family & my immediate family was the only one that I could tell that didn't have anyone quilting. So, in June of 2013 I joined my grandmother, aunts, uncle and numerous cousins in the adventure that is quilting.






I started by taking a beginning quilting class at a local quilt shop, where I made this quilt from the pattern "Yellow Brick Road."















This is the second quilt that I finished. The pattern is "Play a Card" and the fabric is from the Comma line from Moda. I made if for my son, who picked out the pattern and the fabric.








Here is the third quilt - this one I made for my brother. The block is from a pattern called "Vista" but the arrangement of the blocks is my own. The fabric is from Barcelona, a line from Moda Fabrics.







This year I am participating in two block of the month clubs. One is the Michael Miller Club House and the other one is a Dear Jane club. The Dear Jane Club has gotten started already, more on that in another post. I also have plans to do a disappearing nine patch quilt and maybe a baby blanket or two, or three (all for friends!). I'm looking forward to continuing the journey! 


No comments: