Friday, September 10, 2010

52 Books in 52 Weeks - Book 31: The Wednesday Sisters

When I first read the back of this paperback, I though that no book could live up to its promises, much less a book that was less than an inch thick. I was desperate for material to take on a road trip with me, so I picked it up.  I was pleasantly surprised. This is a book I stayed up late to read! It is the story of a group of women who meet at the playground and eventually form a writing group and become lifelong friends. Told from the point of view of one of the women, the stories of each of their lives and their growth during the times of war protests and women's lib are stories that many could tell - marriage, life, death, children and many other components. Meg Waite Clayton does a marvelous job of weaving it all together. I highly recommend The Wednesday Sisters.

No comments: