Sunday, January 11, 2015

Free Homeschooling Resources for Middle and High School

I remember "way back when" we first entered the middle school years as a homeschooling family. Suddenly the websites that I had routinely visited to create a special activity or worksheet seemed too young for Rocket Boy. However, I had a hard time finding new sites to visit that would help us in this new phase of homeschooling. There was either too much information, meaning I had to wade through a lot of sites to find age appropriate information, or there was too little information, meaning that I had to conduct extensive searches to find what we were looking for.

So, throughout our middle and high school years, as I found free online resources, (either on my own or through my friends and contacts) I maintained a master list so that I would be able to find these wonderful sites again.  This list now has hundreds of resources listed on it.  I've been happy to share this list through email with dozens of people, and now I'm excited to say that I am making the full list available as a page on this blog. You can find this list by selecting the "Free Homeschooling Resources" tab at the top of the page. Resources are divided by subject, with two "catch all" sections. One of those is for sites that cover multiple subjects and the other is for sites that cover subjects or topics that don't neatly fit into the subject categories. Look at the bottom of the page, too. That's where you'll find a few resources that are just for us homeschool teachers - some things I hope will make your days go a little easier.

If you find any dead links, do let me know so that I can update the list. Enjoy the variety!

No comments: